When Grace Beckons...

There I was, at another intersection of life and drama. Lost in thoughts and feeling the despair which comes from trying to fit our larger than life lives into the smallness of our minds. 

I was sitting at the back of our car with my 3 year old son, traveling on the highway and feeling the nostalgia that comes from listening to older Bollywood songs. And then out of nowhere it happened. A tinkle in my index finger, and I knew it had arrived. A blessing that's distinctive and one I know very dearly. It's the oncoming of my presence, my godliness revealing itself, pushing my fictitious mind boundaries and very decisively telling it to step away for some sacred moments.  The tingling pervaded my whole body and while I wasn't articulating it, the vibration of oneness and resonance could be felt deeply. I just wanted to be, soak, marinate and glow in that resonance. And that's exactly what I did. I can never tell it's comings and goings. I can only respect the arrival. The circumstances of it's arrival cannot be created with my mind, it's only when I put no effort into creating something specific to change my current circumstance. That's the only pattern I have been able to establish - lack of a prejudiced next moment. 

There was no halo effect once the moment passed, but a small sparkling globe of memory created that will remember the reverberance of the moment. I don't know where and how, but I absolutely know that the memory will infuse itself in many different ways and find its way into all my projects and experiences. 

I wonder how many times such moments keep knocking at our doors. When we are busy trying to figure out success in career, how to lose the fat, become a better mom, wife, daughter, and all the things that we fill our lives with that fades out the knock.

We fully only embrace these moments when we are an empty vessel, maybe because in our emptiness we are the most whole. 

Soak in them. Revel in them. May we all clean out our vessels ever so often...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

The Importance of Being Lost