The Road to Dad

I see the road to your lap so clearly,
The long winded red brick road, with tulips, roses, your favorite flowers, 
It calls out for me whenever I pass by,
Then why do I hesitate to take this road?

The other roads are similar,
They don't offer me the love that the red brick road does,
    but it offers other stuff that seem worldly,
I don't hesitate to plunge on those roads.

I can see you sitting at the end of the road, 
waiting on your rocking chair, 
     you have been waiting for me,
Our eyes meet and I can see the longing in your eyes,
    as you can see the longing in mine.

I have had these moments before,
But I still take the other roads,
Deep within I know I will always find you there,
At the end of the road on your rocking chair, waiting for me.

I did the same today,
But in a fleeting moment of despair, I ran back to the brick road,
But I cant see you sitting on your rocking chair, 
I run, I run on this road that always invited me but I never gave in, 
But you are not here anymore,
He is not here anymore.

I sit on the rocking chair and stare down the red brick road...the road to Dad...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Being Lost

Crossroads

Focusing More on Experiences...Instead of Stuff