Simple Things

So I traveled all around, through the uphill mountains, the clouds, 
the magnificent palaces, the expensive theme parks,
man made structures, that ironically, give you a better view of the world...
By the grace of fortune, I have seen a lot...

But why does my soul still yearns...
It yearns for my mother's hand on my hair,
listening to my father's anecdotes,
breathing the air when the family is together on the porch,
the cup of tea that holds the wisdom of life,
the fluttering of leaves that resonates with my beating heart,

It yearns for the grounded feeling of the rocking chair facing the sun
the calming strength of my grandfather's words,
the sound of tea being sieved into my favorite cup,
the warmth of my husband's arms,
the weathering pages of my favorite books,
the conversations that invoke a more authentic self,
It yearns for the rush in the smallest acts of kindness,
  and the small moments when we live for something bigger than ourselves...

Things so simple...
Why do I look for them in these places, 
    that which I can find in the generosity of my home...




   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Being Lost

Crossroads

Focusing More on Experiences...Instead of Stuff