The plethora of things...

I have heard myself saying "I want this" or "I want more", so many times now that it does not seem out of place when these do come out of my mouth. As humans, we are wired to desire, to long for more. To not be satiated is the birth right! The coveted house, the zippy car, the stainless steel appliances, the new spice jars or that incredibly beautiful spatula?!?....the things that seem desirable or absolutely essential for my sane living is funny and sad at the same time.

But then I took a new job which requires me to stay away from my very mediocre 2 bedroom rental, that has steadily grown on us, I must add. And it didn't really take a lot of time to set things into perspective! Not long at all! There are two things that I miss, miss in a way that the pit of my stomach hurts when I sit here in a eerie hotel room with the tv on....how glamorous is that! 

One i miss my baby....oh no matter how articulately I try to express that feeling, I will fail. Let's just say that once I came very close to taking a 2 hr flight back home at 2 in the morning. The other thing I miss is the mere spaciousness of my apartment itself. It sounds very weird but that hollow space in my home, that which I cannot see, that which contains me and the plethora of my useless things, is what I miss. My home is a home because of the love of my husband and the kindness of my apartment. Both of these things embrace me every moment that I am lucky to be there. It's not the appliances....not even the spatula! 

I am learning it the hard way but this was definitely a wisdom of a lifetime! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Being Lost

Crossroads

Focusing More on Experiences...Instead of Stuff