Paris Sojourn - Every stop is a step forward





I wrote quite a bit on our France trip...starting to gather the pages and putting them on the cloud...

31st May, 2012
Oh the Paris dreams! I knew it was not easy to reach Paris....and I am still not there. Stuck in the rigmarole of cancelled planes, delayed connections....we are now waiting at the London Heathrow airport. Much less grand than I thought it would be....reminds me of India but Indian metropolitan airports look much better now in comparison....but I am digressing now.

It's funny that I saw this advertising board which said “every stop is a step forward". This was when we were at the Washington airport and the news that our flight to Paris has been just cancelled, was broken to us. That's it...no reasons, no explanations....just that it is cancelled. So we were given a connection via London which would help us get to Paris before our night tour at the seine river starts at 6pm. But alas....the domino effect or some other effect that I can't remember the name of kicked in and the connecting flight got delayed by 2 hours. 

Going back to the ad board, because amidst all the chaos and disappointments, it was the only ray of sunshine i had seen all day. It was a push that i needed because I was starting to fade away into that dark space where you don't want to go at the start of your honeymoon....nope. It meant that as long as I am moving forward, I will get there. My husband and I also practiced that philosophy as we battled getting into a bad mood and ruin the start to this wonderful time that we had been planning for so long. We gave each other hope and although we got into arguments...we were glad to be together. But scenarios like this humble you....tells you that in the bigger picture, you have no influence on what's going to happen and teaches us to let go of control sometimes. The world does not function around our needs and wants, it never will. The key is to find a streak of joy in the midst of these weird situations that life will throw at us.....ever so often

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Being Lost

Crossroads

Focusing More on Experiences...Instead of Stuff