Smells like home...

Have you experienced it? The smell of home. Its not only the smell of our physical home...it can be people, physical places, situations, memories. Those are special 'things'. They smell like home.

My present abode(or lets just say the house my parents live in presently) doesn't seem like home to me. My nana's house smells like home, although a lot of those pieces have gone astray. He is gone. But when I am in that house, I feel like I was destined to be there, like I belong. Its funny because the number plate of that house is No.13 Rabindra Palli and lot of things have gone wrong in that house and continue to do so. People are convinced the famed 13 doom is working on the house and that's it gonna take everything down. I don't want to be selfish and I can never experience the hardship that my cousins and uncles and aunts face daily in that house. They have gone through unprecedented pain. But in every staircase of that house, every shelf, every nook....I find myself. My childhood, the life of people I have loved and lost, the good times, the best times, the lonely times, family times...they are all inked in that house. Yeah...it smells like home. It always will.

People...some people make you feel like you belong too. There always be one in a herd(if you are lucky) that words come easy with. Its easy to be with them...no pressure...no expectations....it feels like 'mother'. I have a few that I feel home with and I treasure them deeply. Keep them safe...they are only a handful.

My work feels like home to me too. I am lucky I am able to say that. It doesn't pay me as much I would like to ;), but I smell home in my work. So thank you...whoever.


Next time....smell the people, situations, memories.....and do the home check!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossroads

The Importance of Being Lost

When Grace Beckons...