My first!

My first!! There is always something eerie about firsts! A sense of responsibility,pressure,expectations.But nevertheless,I feel the need to do it.Not for glory of any kind but just as a vent.
Had an interview today.A rarity in today's economy and dwindling job market.I carried expectations but a sense of doubt.I know what you think becomes reality but then you absorb from your outside too.But still,there is a certain triumph associated with being positive and I pledge to remain so,at least for my dad who remains an eternal optimist.He remains an optimist not because he is one but because he wants to create a semblance of a positive world for me.And I want to honor that.
Speaking about my dad,I hid the fact about the interview from him.Because as has happened in the past,the news brings in expectations which have not been met.I so wanted to talk to him before I go in,there was a deepening conflict within...should I call him?
And then I get a call...my phone beeps "Dad"....it was eerie!!ewww
We have a small conversation and I still refrain from telling him about the interview but as the conversation moves towards its natural end,he says "Good Luck...Go Ahead"...what was that??
I am still figuring that out.Anyway,had a good time in the interview.I will refrain to mention if it was good or bad.See what a bad economy does..heh.
It was a good day today and it is going to be a great night...sleep tight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Being Lost

Crossroads

When Grace Beckons...